- Write Apple Vocabulary Words on Apple Die-cuts. Display these on your word wall. Your students can look at the words when needed.
- Read various apple books to your class. Have students pick a book to report on.
- After reading 4 -6 books with an apple theme, graph your students favorites.
- Use the letters in the word apple to make words. Give each student a letter tile with the letters a, p, p, l, e, s. Instruct them to make the following words at their seat.
- as, pal, lap, sap, ape, pea, sea, spa, slap, pals, apes, peas, apple, apples. Have your students write these words in their journals. Give them a highlighter and ask them to highlight all the words that rhyme snap. (sap, lap, slap). Have them use the word apple in a sentence. Check their work.
- I have a video that I got free off the internet that talks about how apples grow and then are harvested and made into different things and how the apples finally make it to us in the store. The kids really enjoy the video since most of the kids just seem to think the apples magically appear there in the store.